FAQ's (That come from the herd and beyond!)
What is a Rhino Rearend
A Rhino Racing Rearend is a complete racing differential that has been completely customized for racing. From the braced housing to the Ford axle conversion, and everyhting else in between, a Rhino is the competitions choice!
Most often used part numbers in a GM 7.5 10 Bolt Rearend and other GM Rearend information!
Carrier Bearing LM501349, Bearing Race LM501314
OUTER Pinion Bearing M86649, Bearing Race M86610
Outer Pinion Seal 8610
HERE IS THE BIGGIE!
- INNER PINION BEARING
Small (78-80 +/-) Bearing -HM89449N, Race-HM89410N
Large (80+) Bearing- HM89249, Race-HM89210
- STOCK GM OUTER AXLE BEARING & SEAL
Bearing - 5707, Seal 8660S
- RHINO SPORTMOD REAREND AXLE BEARING & SEAL
Unit comes as an assembly = Timken SET20
Note-Unit will appear as a sealing bearing out of the box, HOWEVER, the race easily pops off with a flat chisel/ punch and a light tap of a hammer. UNLESS the race in the housing appears to have damage (Scoring, heat marks,etc) I do NOT recommend trying to replace the race.
#1 Choice is the Smileys 55027 (<-CLICK TO JUMP TO SMILEYSRACING.COM) Their rotor is drilled for both patterns and is slightly lighter than the over the counter parts stores rotor.
#2 Autozone 55027 / ORielly 56407RGS- Only drilled for 4 3/4, so user will have to drill 5x5 pattern.
- Trailing Arm / Top Differential Housing Bushings
OEM-Parts Store Autozone FB397, MOOG K6178
- Brake Caliper slide pin Thread Pitch (incase you need to buy a tap to repair threads) 7/16-20 Be sure to look at our steel caliper thread repair boss,
- Pinion Thread 7/8-14 (Lets hope you dont ever ding up the threads on the nose of a pinion gear, but if you do, here is the thread size)
- How much, and what type of grease should I run?
Note-the stock fill port on the nose of the rearend will overflow at 2 qts and this is NOT sufficient for a GM 7.5 under racing conditions. Do whatever it takes so you can raise the capacity up to the 3 qt mark. And yes, we do sell our modified Rhino Rear Cover outright with the knurled aluminum cap, so no tools are needed to every perform a quick check of fluid level.